The Health Education Department at Bakersfield Family Medical Center/Heritage Physician Network is committed to providing a comprehensive education that will impact and improve the quality of life for our patients by offering a variety of related classes and programs.
Temporary Locations (During Construction)
Health Education: 4580 California Avenue, 3rd Floor, Bakersfield, CA 93309
Diabetic Supplies: 4580 California Avenue, 2nd Floor, Bakersfield, CA 93309
Dr. Kumar, Endocrinologist, 4580 California Avenue, 1st Floor (Pediatric Dept), Bakersfield, CA 93309
Our registered dietitians are Food and Nutrition Experts that provide an individualized program to meet your needs and to successfully reach your nutrition goals.
Diabetic Testing Supplies
Pick up or mail out available for select senior HMO health plans. Please call the Health Education department for more details.* Requires authorization.
*Does not include Aetna and Commercial Plans
- Advance Health Care Directive (On Hold)
- Body Motion* (On Hold)
- Congestive Heart Failure (On Hold)
- Diabetes Management (One-on-one or Zoom with dietitian)
- Fun 2B Fit* (On Hold)
- Heart Healthy (One-on-one or Zoom with dietitian)
- Kidney Smart (Not currently offering)
- Life Balance (On Hold)
- Mind and Body* (On Hold)
- Prediabetes Management (One-on-one or Zoom with dietitian)
- Tobacco Cessation (On Hold)
- Pre-Bariatric 6-Month Weight Management Program* (Requires authorization; via Zoom with dietitian)
- Steps to Healthy Weight Loss (One-on-one or Zoom with dietitian)
- Weight Management Support Group (Not Currently Offering)
*Medical clearance required
Programs include one-on-one and classroom settings with qualified professionals. Other services are available for additional diagnoses. Classes are a free benefit for BFMC/HPN HMO members.
Many services are available without a referral from your physician. Call today for more information or to schedule an appointment with a member of our staff.
Classes are offered in Spanish.