Your best protection from COVID-19 will be a combination of getting a COVID-19 vaccine, wearing a mask, staying at least 6 feet away from others, avoiding crowds, and washing your hands often. No one tool alone is going to stop the pandemic.
Learn about the benefits of COVID-19 vaccination so you’ll be ready when a vaccine is recommended: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/about-vaccines/vaccine-benefits.html
Schedule your COVID-19 vaccine today: http://MyTurn.ca.gov or call (833) 422-4255
What to Expect at your COVID-19 Vaccination Appointment
- You should receive a fact sheet that tells you more about the vaccine that you are getting.
- You should receive a vaccination card or print out that tells you which vaccine you received, the date you received, and where you received it.
- If this is your first shot, you should be told what date you need to come back to get your second shot. Both shots are needed to be protected.
- You should receive information regarding V-safe, a free, smartphone-based tool that uses text messaging and web surveys to provide free, personalized health check-ins after you receive your vaccination. It will also remind you to get your second dose.
- Some people may experience mild side effects. This is an indication that your immune system is responding to the vaccine. You should still get your second dose unless your vaccination provider or doctor tells you otherwise.